Week five of the Red River Valley Catfish League is in the books, and 24 teams competed in Wednesday night’s competition launching from the Whopper John Little Boat Landing below Riverside Dam in Grand Forks.
Fishing, overall, was tough, organizers say, which is consistent with most fishing reports from recent days. Teams can weigh in two fish. Here are the top finishers from Wednesday night:
- First: Brandon Lunski and Nick Lunski — 11.4 and 15.6 pounds for a total of 27 pounds.
- Second: Zach Srnsky and Enrique Gutierrez — 15.4 and 7.4 pounds for a total of 22.8 pounds.
- Third: Brian Nelson and Bruce Nelson — 12.4 and 10.2 pounds for a total of 22.6 pounds.
Other finishers in optional side competitions:
- Fat Cat of the Night: Jeremy Snobl and John Howard, 18.6 pounds
- Big Slot of the Night (Catfish under 24 inches): Kevin Gietzen and Kyle Horntvedt, 4.4 pounds
- Fat Cat for the year to date: 24.4 pounds, Chris Taylor.